Friday 4 May 2007

BREAKING THE SILENCE


As an ex-Samaritan, I offer free & confidential one-to-one support. Whilst I will not even try to tell people what I think they should do, or when, ( the answers are all there, in their own hearts), I will certainly listen without judgement, and help them accept the reality of what is happening (reducing feelings of isolation), and tailor make a network of local support, whatever the location- plus share the tools to find a way out from the darkness. I have gathered along the way a wealth of credible resources, experienced professional contacts, recommended readings plus advice on how to keep you and your children safe in an emergency. This website, will be updated as I go along, and it just a starting point, but in the meantime............ you can reach me direcly on paulabxx@googlemail.com.
.
I feel very incredibly strongly about breaking the silence that surrounds Emotional Abuse and Domestic Violence. I have gained an insight into the emotional vulnerability created and want to support people through this and help them take back their own identity and use their strength and re find inner courage to cope. I fully understand the complications of living within this situation, being financially dependant, whilst having children to support and protect. There ARE solutions, options and choices. Research clearly shows a typical pattern of abuse. It usually does not start until you are dependant, emotionally, financially, usually living with the abuser... it often takes years before it starts. You just DON'T see it coming. I will include a 'red-flag' check list on B.T.S, to help if you are wondering at earlier stages of a relationship if abuse might be lurking in the background.
LISTEN to your instincts. If you, or somebody you know are suffering in silence, please feel welcome to contact me.
.